When I was at Tea Stall



Today I was so lazy because of the hangover two days of Holiday; I was in office and saw a lot of work waiting for me.
Any way I reached office and started work as usual.
During my first break, I went to my all-time favorite tea stall, a lady came and told:
“Sahab ji Kuch de doo bahut bhook lagi hai.”
She wanted some money then I replied I’ll not be giving her money but will give meal to eat. Then she told me yes she is hungry…..
Then we went to a hotel and gave her a meal.
But after some time I thought…..
Why is it happening in India… I saw lots of people who are beggars in India… every day I see 4 or 5 ladies roaming at tea stall and they do this same on regular basis. I could not think why they are roaming here, is that they have no children or husband, if she had then why…
I remembered when I was returning from Lucknow, I saw a couple in a Railway station that was very hungry and was asking for food from people for their children….
Man to passengers: “Sahab mera ladka bahut bhooka hai kuch de do na kal se kuch nahi kahya hai”
I was thinking, Is it real his son is really hungry or they are lying, why they are not working…?
Lots of questions are in my mind.
After sometime they came to me and asked me the same question.
Then I said “why you are not working….”
Man: “ Sahab koi kaam nahi deta hai, mai yaha tha kaam karne Agent hamare paise lekar bhaag gaya”

Then I said” to tum aise longon ke sath kaam hi kyu karte ho jo dhoka dete hoo”
Man: “ kya kare sahib hum log gareeb hain, gaun me rahte hain, waha pe koi kaam nahi isi liye sahar aa gaye the”

Then I thought a kind of help I can do for him, so I went to Pantry and gave him 3 packet meals.
2 for them and 1 for his child…
But I was thinking that is not solution.. What I can do more..

6 comments:

  1. Thats like ma friend :):):) what u can do is... raise funds for needy ppl..and help them when they r in real trouble.. u can fund books.. uniforms.. education for such needy ppl... after you have accumulated much cash.. me doin the same thing.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple soln, jst give him 500rs. n say 2 start business like selling bhel at tourist spots[coz, normally ppl purchase.. eatables n nvr care abt the cost ovr there].he cn earn gud money.. day by day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharad, I need the translation :-)

    Tis very sad all the hunger in the world and by you feeding them ONE meal will not solve the issue - this is where governments n businesses with volunteers have to band together and as the old saying goes:

    "Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day. Teach a man HOW to fish and he can eat forever!"

    We need to teach people skills and strategies that will last them a lifetime :-)

    Great post!!! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great helping hands!!! but u need not to ask many questions... Sharad, with your " altruistic
    attitude " u can help others not only for those who r needy in material things but in some other way that u can make other people happy...u r a great person.. i know :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kat, I know, what m doing, i like to help others

    ReplyDelete